What if the person who hits me does not have insurance?

There are really only two ways to go at that point. The best way is hopefully you have underinsured, or uninsured motorist coverage, because that will kick in and protect you if the at fault driver doesn’t have any insurance. If you don’t have UM insurance then the only other thing you can do is sue that person personally who hit you, and hope that they have enough money to pay you out of their pocket for your injuries. But in reality, if they can’t afford insurance a lot of times they can’t afford to pay for your medical bills, and pain and suffering, and all the damages that you through as a result of getting injured in this car accident.

Contact Us