The Law Offices of Tragos, Sartes & Tragos
Scholarship Amount: $1,000 Deadline: June 1, 2020
Laws shape the nation and can affect your life in ways you are often unaware of. People often come to lawyers because they don’t fully understand the legal situation they now find themselves in. Although they can sometimes be complicated, and it may seem like there’s a never-ending stream to learn and understand about the legal system, we believe that having a grasp of our legal processes is fundamentally important. We’ve seen first-hand the effects that laws can have on everyday Americans.
To help a deserving student reach their academic goals and impress upon them the importance of lawmaking, the Law Offices of Tragos, Sartes & Tragos is excited to offer a privately funded scholarship essay contest. The scholarship will award $1,000 to one deserving student who presents a creative, practical, and substantive answer to our essay question.
2020 Scholarship Essay Question
To enter our scholarship essay competition, answer the following question in 500 words:
How will the popularity of podcasting impact the legal world in the next decade?
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- This scholarship is offered to any student currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States. This includes incoming first-year college students who are high school graduates or possess a GED.
- Essays must be unique (not submitted elsewhere) and written by the scholarship application signator.
- All submissions should be in English.
- Applicants must read, understand, sign and return to us the (PDF) Tragos Law Scholarship Essay Contest Application & Rules along with your submission.
- Only one submission per student will be considered.
How to Apply
- by the deadline noted above.
- In order to be eligible, scholarship applicants must submit their FULL application (application form and completed essay) by email to email@example.com. The official deadline for all application materials is June 1, 2020.
- APPLICATIONS FAILING TO FOLLOW THE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Scholarship Selection Process
Our judges will review all entries received by the deadline above. A winner will be selected up to 6 weeks after the submission deadline and their essay published on our blog. While only one winner will be awarded the scholarship amount, other notable entries may also be published on our blog. The $1,000 scholarship payment is sent to the winner’s school via check shortly after the winner is notified and confirms they are still enrolled at the university, and also after the university confirms that they will provide a receipt.
Ownership of Entries
All scholarship entries submitted to Tragos Law, along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated with the submission, become the property of TragosLaw.com. By submitting an entry and the signed application form, you acknowledge that Tragos Law will own all rights to publish and promote the content. All entrants also agree that they consent to the use of their name, the school or university they attend, and the use of their likeness (as in a photograph) and prize information.
Good luck, and we look forward to your submissions! For questions, .
Get to Know Our Law Firm
“I’ve always been deeply invested in my community, spending countless hours mentoring and educating my fellow Floridians whenever possible. With this scholarship, I hope to spark students’ interest in the legal system and encourage them to consider the implications of each law in a broader sense.”
Attorney George Tragos is the managing partner at the Law Offices of Tragos, Sartes & Tragos in Clearwater, FL. For over 30 years, he has passionately defended his clients’ rights as defined by the U.S. Constitution. He has a successful history of working within the Florida and federal legal systems and has been recognized as a Top Lawyer in the Wall Street Journal, AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell, and a 10.0 rating from Avvo.
As a tenacious and resourceful trial attorney, Mr. Tragos is a commanding presence in any courtroom. His commitment to clients and discretion in cases has gained him recognition as a powerful partner at trial. He has proved himself as an excellent attorney, not only in personal injury law, but many other areas of law as well. His professional demeanor and experience sets his clients at ease. He knows the law inside and out. Read bio