Here at the Law Offices of Tragos, Sartes & Tragos, we serve the Tampa and Clearwater community in many ways. It may surprise you to learn that, in addition to providing outstanding legal services and representation to our clients, we produce a weekly podcast series where we discuss the biggest issues and questions facing our loyal listeners.
We’ll provide more information below about how you can subscribe and listen to our podcast, Peter’s Proffer. But first, let’s talk about the who, what, when, where and why of the podcasting world.
The who is easy
According to Nielsen podcast insights, 50% of Americans are podcast fans. This means over 60 million people listen to podcasts. That’s a lot. An estimated 32% of the U.S. population listens to podcasts at least every month, with 22% of all Americans listening weekly.
All ages have been exposed to podcasting in one way or another:
Percentage that listen to podcasts
When we ran a poll on our podcast Facebook page, our follows reported the following stats:
- 67% say they listen daily/regularly.
- 71% say they listen on their iPhone app.
- 67% love to hear podcasts with special guests.
Cool story, but what is a podcast?
Podcasts are user friendly and a great way to get new information or be entertained. You can listen anywhere with the touch of a button on your phone.
The when and where is up to you
You can listen to a podcast virtually anywhere — in the car, while you’re doing chores, while your children are playing or at school, or even while you exercise.
Wherever you choose to listen, you should definitely check out Peter’s Proffer, and let us know what you think!
How to listen in
Depending on where you choose to listen, here are the “hows” of listening on the most popular platforms.
The podcast app on the iPhone makes it easy for users to listen to podcasts and is probably the most popular of the podcasting apps.
- To start, click the “Podcast” app on your iPhone
- Tap “Search” in the lower right hand corner and search for your favorite podcast: Peter’s Proffer!
- To subscribe, simply tap the Subscribe button on the top of the page. You will then be notified when each new episode is live.
- To play an episode of the podcast, just tap “Peter’s Proffer” and it should play automatically.
- To download an episode, tap the iCloud icon in the episode list.
If you don’t have an iPhone, don’t worry! You can use your Android phone, your Spotify app or simply use a internet-connected device to access any podcast.
For Peter’s Proffer, you can also go to the SoundCloud site and type in “Peter’s Proffer” in the search bar, or use this link to go directly to our page and list of episodes: https://soundcloud.com/user-697369567
For Spotify enthusiasts:
- Open the Spotify app and tap “Search.”
- Under “Browse All,” tap Podcasts.
- You can browse featured podcast episodes or scroll down to browse by category.
- You can also search for a specific podcast such as Peter’s Proffer by searching in the search bar.
- To listen, just tap the episode you want to hear.
The why is up to you, too
A reported 69% of all podcast users said that podcast ads made them aware of new products, services or information.
When asked what they appreciated most about podcasts, over 70% of regular podcast listeners said that it was “very important” that they be able to listen to audio both wherever and whenever they wanted. Around 70% of users also said that they wanted their audio to be “on demand,” so that they could start listening to a program as soon as they click on it.
Podcast listeners often believe that podcasts offer content they cannot get elsewhere, especially in this chaotic and hectic world we live in. It is easier and more convenient than reading or watching TV because you already have the easily accessible tools at your fingertips.
For most Americans, their phone is always with you, meaning you can listen on the go in your car, while you are doing other things or even when you are relaxing with your eyes closed. You can absorb information in a new way, no matter your age or tech knowledge.
Are you ready to raise the bar?
(See what we did there?)
Check out Peter’s Proffer every Monday for a new episode, and don’t forget to subscribe and follow us on Facebook at Peter’s Proffer – Podcast. You can easily access previous episodes at any time on all apps and platforms as well.